Updates!


After 4 medical appointments, 6 shots, 3 amazing coffee dates with some African contacts, 1 trip to Ottawa, 1 MCC dinner with my fellow ontario SALTers, on top of renewing passports, health cards, and getting police checks, I finally let myself have a break.

I decided to have an "all me day", which included spending the afternoon at bay front park soaking in the sun, reading Radical Gratitude by Mary Jo Leddy (definitely recommend it), ice caps, shopping for some Canadian paraphernalia for my Zambian "host sisters" (finally got the confirmation that i'll be living with a Zambian couple and their three daughters, ages 3-10  ... exciting!!!), followed by an amazing dinner for family night. 

I have to remember that this is just as important as the logistical stuff. Im trying to remember what it means to "say goodbye well", and that means finding a balance between getting the boring things done, and listening to myself when I need to just do things for me, or spend time with my wonderful family.




Comments

Popular Posts